Tuesday, January 1, 2008

PGJMC

I just completed my PGJMC course.

Course code: PGJMC
Course name: Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication
Offered by: Ignou (
www.ignou.ac.in)
Duration: 1 year
Papers: 4
Work experience: Minimum 2 years in press or media

I did this course out of my extra-curricular interest; though many people initially laughed at the idea. What has journalism got to do with chemical engineering? But I did it; though I took two years instead of one to appear for the exams.

I found the course content satisfactory. The target junta for this course are those already working in the media industry, and haven’t got a formal education in the field of journalism and mass communication. As you can see, there is a mandatory requirement of two years of work-ex. (I managed it J; some things are fair in love, right?)

In case some of you want the study material, and can collect from me in Mumbai, contact me soon. Otherwise I will donate that to the nearest Ignou study centre.

Now I have plans to do at least three more courses:

o A course in disaster management
o MA in English
o MA in Political Science

Can you suggest, from where to do the last two courses? I am already doing MBA, and that is not a joke doing that from here. But I believe I can still manage to do these, if not in 2 years, then in 4. But everything is possible.

No comments: