Sunday, June 26, 2011

Which is more Powerful - Good or Bad?


Someone asked me, “Which is more powerful: good or bad?” Here are my thoughts and the reply:

There is a similar debate on which is stronger gender: males or females. I think many reached the conclusion that their strengths are "different" and hence not comparable. Both are powerful, in their own way. If we compare them on one particular criterion, then only one would appear more powerful than the other.

I think to find which is more powerful between what we call 'good' and 'bad', we would have to clarify what we mean by 'powerful'.

If power means an ability to contract and spread - I think bad is more powerful.

If power means one which gives strength to the heart and soul, and virtues like will power and confidence - I think good is more powerful.

If power means an ability to retain, persist when faced with opposition - I think bad is more powerful.

If power means an ability which makes us feel well even alone and not to ask for external approval - I think good is more powerful.

If power means an ability to win over others on physical level - I think bad is more powerful.

If power means an ability to win over others on intellectual level - I think good is more powerful.

If power means being such a virtue which one can wish to have even at the death-bed and even after earning all that one can earn in this world - I think good is more powerful.

- Rahul


No comments: