Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Buying Made in India (Part-2)

This comes after my first post on the topic on June 27, 2011, titled "My Experiments with Made-in-India Brands!" (http://rahulbemba.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-experiments-with-made-in-india.html)

This is just a placeholder for recording my infatuation with buying Swadeshi (Made in India brands/products). I don't aim to show this off for ego-boasting, but it is just for me to recall and feel good about it. Even if my efforts are like a drop in an ocean, I have something priceless - a feeling that I did something good for my nation. For my thinking on this topic, above mentioned blog post provides the details. 
  1. Bought only Usha fans for all rooms of our house.
  2. Bought only Bajaj Water Heaters (Geysers) for both bathrooms of our house.
  3. Bought only Saffola Oats and not any other foreign brand. Though I think even this Oats is imported, at least this is from the house of an Indian company Marico. 
  4. Bought a Hero Bike and not any other foreign company's brand.
  5. Bought a Dr. Morepen weighing machine even if more attractive foreign brands or imported products were available in the market.
  6. I have my Credit Cards and banking only with Indian companies, even though ICICI and HDFC have majority stake from foreign entities since these were founded by Indians and have Indian management and stake-holding, I am counting these banks as Indians. I would love to see a better wholly Indian bank, but so far have not seen one better than or at par with ICICI/HDFC and hence I can't switch. I had also taken a Credit Card with a foreign bank, and I was always conscious of it, so ultimately I stopped it. I am running House loan from LIC Housing Finance and even though they charge me higher than market interest rate, I secretly imagine the money going to government or in India and hence have tolerated its not-so-great service so far.
  7. ... (to be continued)


No comments: