Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Think of Trees

At engg college, our department's seniors were hosting 'welcome function' for us. As part of interactions, they were asking us (1st year freshers) questions. One of our classmates (many would remember who she is) was asked something like "what would you like to become in your next birth? Or if you could become something other than what you are - what would you choose?" She replied "I would like to become a tree because a tree is so at peace and ..." 

That was an extraordinary thought and answer and it was so true! 

From that day onward, somehow deep in my mind whenever I think of 'peace', I think of 'trees'...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence, I was looking for 'peace' for some time and just realized how close I am with it after reading your post. Place where I leave, North Carolina has approximately 653 species of trees. Also, this place is very close to Atlanta (Georgia). Atlanta has a reputation as the "city in a forest" due to its abundance of trees. It has tree coverage percentage of 36%, the highest out of all major American cities, and above the national average of 27%.

Anonymous said...

I deliberately selected my current house surrounded by trees... You are so correct! I find myself at peace between trees bhai !

Anonymous said...

Very profound yet so simple Rahul, steadiness, enjoying the moments just like the leaves sync up with rhythmic wind, power to observe ( Sun, Moon and planets their energy), listen ( chirps of birds, winds, water flow) and never run aimlessly is what gives the balance to our life- nothing can be a better example of such life than the life of a tree :)