Monday, August 31, 2015

In the Month of August...


Confession (Promoting Hindi)

Many a time when I have to dial a Customer Care number, and when as first step the machine asks me to select language of my choice, I choose "Hindi" and not "English". I do it so that the company or call center sees demand for Hindi speaking customer-care executives and hence would employ some more. A speck in the ocean, my intent is not 'favoritism' but to help create a level playing field for people who just happen to not know English very well.

You can do so for your local language too...

In the Journey called Life...

How time flies. I was thinking about this in the morning. We are first kids, then become youth, then middle aged and then old. It is just a matter of a few years and many of the things that we counted relevant would become irrelevant and perhaps a lot of things we thought irrelevant would be counted as relevant in the end. Are we doing enough good karma to ensure a good life in next birth? You may laugh at it but I do think about all this many a time. When I review my karma, I don't feel confident enough. Our job and our career etc - where we spend most of our energy - do these things help us earn any punya at all? Or occupation is merely a means to support life and family and other things matter which we mostly ignore...

Prize in Quiz

Happy to share with you that I got Second Prize in a technology Quiz during ‘Technotsav’ at Infosys Pune. It was a one week event similar to college days' tech-fests - with lots of events, stalls, guest lectures, and quizzes. I received a certificate and small gift in an award ceremony from the Pune DC Heads.

My Message on Independence Day 2015!

At the end, it is us who make our country either great or poor. When you buy Indian products; Indian companies' employees, suppliers, transporters, all get employment and the companies get to reinvest in India. Make a pledge to consider buying quality Indian brands every time you have to make a purchase. While buying just imagine how your money is not only being spent but also befitting a lot of your own fellow countrymen.

Happy Independence Day!

Our Security Guards!

While going in and coming out of the office campus, a string of security guards scan our laptops in order to earn their salaries. Earlier they used to do manual verifications; now they just scan a bar-code and a QR code. They are literate and adequately educated; whatever that means.

This evening while I approached them for the daily ritual; another colleague had just been there and done that while talking over his cellphone all the time. And one security guard was caught telling his fellow colleague in full attention – “wo bol raha tha… wo 'client' ko 'reference' karega…” and concluded with “aur apna 'biodata' bhejega…” Wow!

So I realized that our security guards actually 'think behind our back'! I still don’t understand what was meant by “wo client ko reference karega”, and if the security guard got confused between 'biodata' and 'big data'; but I was definitely impressed by his curiosity! I think if the security guard could actually understand what was being talked about over phone, his life would be dull. As of now he does not understand it, so his life is 'out of the box'!

Picture of the Month

Family of African Elephants. Just look at the little ones! (Pic credit Bing.com)



Website of the Month


Annamrita is an NGO that provides 12,00,000 meals everyday to schools all over India. Checkout its website and contribute towards a noble cause. What are you waiting for? Click: http://annamrita.org/


Disclaimer: Written by Kumar Rahul Tiwary. Views expressed are personal and do not reflect views of organization author is associated with.