Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Page Views by OS and Browser

Blogger.com Stats tab looks amazing. It provides the blog owners with many statistics about their blog which helps them manage it and the audience well. But I could also notice two of the stats on display, which basically tells not about popularity of your blog but tells about the popularity of OS and browsers!

For example, here is the statistics and a pie chart showing what percentage of my audiences used which operating system:


So it appears that Windows is still the undisputed leader and will remain so for a long time to come…

Now, something about browsers:
 


Chrome is the leader here with 41% of audience using it to access my blog. Firefox is the second most used. IE has lost much ground but still has decent user base. Others are too small.

These stats may not be a fair global poll. Now there is also Stats for the places from which the audiences visited my blog: 


Most of my readers are from India. But there is sizeable presence also from the US and UK and some from Canada and Singapore. Now I was surprised about visitors from Lithuania. Frankly I had not heard about this country. I got to know that Lithuania is a member of EU. Its history dates back much into the past. Like India, it also shares a spell of colonial past. Soviet Union (USSR) and then Germany occupied it by turns. In the Wikipedia article the section of “Independence from” is much large. In 1990 it finally became an independent nation. Lithuania also has high human development index. So I realize that Blogger Stats are also to expose the blog owners about new things!

It feels good to go through overview of Blogger’s Stats section. I always learn something new from it!

- Rahul

Note: Views are personal and do not represent views of any organization associated with the author. [Detailed disclaimer]

No comments: