Sunday, October 24, 2021

Mahatma Gandhi on 'Online Hate'

 

I am a big fan of Mahatma Gandhi, and I was wondering if Gandhi ji would be alive today, what would he speak about “online hate”. Online hate is something which may be looked at as a “spin off” of plain vanilla hatred. I collected some of the quotes attributed to Gandhi ji in order to capture what he could have said on this topic. Hope you like these.

***

Hate the sin, love the sinner. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

Retaliation is counter-poison and poison breeds more poison. The nectar of Love alone can destroy the poison of hate. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

If you love peace, then hate injustice, hate tyranny, hate greed, but hate these things in yourself, not in another. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

The world is weary of hate. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

Hatred can be overcome only by love. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

God is Light, not darkness. God is Love, not hate. God is truth, not untruth. God alone is great. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

My personal religion peremptorily forbids me to hate anybody. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

Harshness is conquered by gentleness, hatred by love, lethargy by zeal and darkness by light. -Mahatma Gandhi

***

I would rather drown myself in the waters of the Sabarmati than harbour hate or animosity in my heart. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

True ahimsa should mean a complete freedom from ill-will and anger and hate and an overflowing love for all. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

I may fight the British ruler, but I do not hate the English or their language. In fact, I appreciate their literary treasures. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

It is no non-violence if we merely love those that love us. It is non-violence only when we love those that hate us. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

One may detest the wickedness of a brother without hating him. - Mahatma Gandhi

***

- Rahul Tiwary


No comments: