Thursday, October 14, 2021

Panipat - Film - 2019

I watched ‘Panipat’ (2019) recently. I had missed it at the time it was released mainly due to negative reviews floating all around. After watching it now, I can’t understand why there was so much negative publicity done at the time of its release and it even seems a “conspiracy” now. I found Panipat to be a brilliant piece of art, a cinematographic masterpiece and a movie worth becoming epic for decades to come. Perhaps the only thing which could have provoked media houses at the time of its release was the fact that the movie shows Maratha Empire in a positive light. Marathas had lost the great battle of Panipat, and perhaps famed movie reviewers were not impressed by the manner in which they are not shown negatively in this movie. Other than that, I can’t get any other reason. I now feel upset at missing to watch this movie and the fact that all those negative reviews stopped it from becoming a Box Office Hit. I would definitely compare this in the league with “Bajirao Mastani”.

Arjun Kapoor has played a great role and his body transformation for the role of Sadashiv Rao Bhau is magical. Kriti Sanon has played this historical role very comfortably and even Sanjay Dutt has done a great job.

Here are a few pictures for the sake of memory:

 












- Rahul Tiwary


No comments: