Saturday, November 18, 2023

RuPay Credit Card On UPI

Our government launched RuPay payment system a long time back. It was introduced as an alternative to foreign payment networks like Visa and Credit Card. Most public sector banks introduced RuPay 'debit cards', but banks were very slow in offering RuPay credit cards, and whichever cards were there, had too much fees and did not make sense. I controlled my urge to get a RuPay credit card for years. Recently, there have been some policy changes and most private banks are readily introducing and promoting RuPay credit cards too. I got a chance to get a RuPay credit card recently and made my first payment. I am planning to use my RuPay card more than other cards to the extent possible. 

I was also aware that RuPay credit cards were possible to be linked with UPI and hence I liked it to my Paytm UPI and made my first payment on UPI too. It was a wonderful experience. 

I highly recommend you get a RuPay credit card from your bank too and use it. 

All such initiatives will go a long way in making our nation self-reliant ('atmanirbhar'). Thanks to the government agencies and RBI for the initiative. 

- Rahul 

No comments: