Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Travelogue: Indira Gandhi Punya Tithi on 31st October, Bhubaneswar

31st October is India's ex-Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's death anniversary, and a program was being organized in Indira Gandhi Park at Bhubaneswar on this day: 


There were speeches and some bhajan kirtan programs to mark the occasion.

I was very small on the unfortunate day of 31st October 1984, but somehow, I still have memory of the day, especially since it was the day of Chhath Puja and we were at our grandfather's house with larger family, when the news had come. In my memory, I have visuals of our family and uncles standing at the main gate of the house discussing the news and perhaps I was in someone's arms. And many rumors had spread after her death and when we kids used to play in the locality, we used to discuss those rumors since those were of supernatural type.

Tributes to the true Iron Lady of India. 

- Rahul 

No comments: