Friday, December 8, 2023

Participation in Blood Donation Camp

I had donated blood two times before, but for relatives. I had never donated blood in a 'blood donation camp' because of concerns. This time around, I decided to go for the experience. And I liked it. 

A blood donation camp was organized in our office in collaboration with a blood center called 'Jankalyan Blood Center, Pune'. It was managed well on one floor of our food court building. It was time-taking and many employees who had come for donation left because it was going to take around 2 hours. I had gone specifically for this purpose on a day I had taken leave (I came to know about the blood donation drive too late and hence decided to go even on a day I was on leave), so I waited and went through all the phases. 

They measured hemoglobin level before passing the person for donation. They also kept three small tubes which would be used to test the blood later on. Donors can email them if they wanted a copy of the blood report.  

Here is a certificate I got. I have erased part of the data due to privacy reasons. 



The certificate also has a coupon which said that due to my blood donation, I could get one unit of blood over next year.

I did not feel any problems after donating blood and it was a good experience to remember. I don't think I qualify to recommend anyone, but if you are interested, you can go participate at a place of convenience too.   

- Rahul 

No comments: