Friday, December 1, 2023

Vitamin B12 Tablets from Nutrela/Patanjali

We have been told that Vitamin B12 is scarcely found in vegetarian food and most of the known sources are in meat and animal origin. Due this, vegetarians are often found to be lacking Vitamin B12 in their body. Many/most of the medicines or supplements are of animal origin too. I recently came across a Patanjali Nutrela Vitamin B12 supplement and it is of plant origin. 


You can check it out on Flipkart here: 

NUTRELA Vitamin B12 Bio-Fermented Capsules By Patanjali Price in India - Buy NUTRELA Vitamin B12 Bio-Fermented Capsules By Patanjali online at Flipkart.com

I looked at the ingredients and found that most are plant based. But, we were told that plant based foods did not have Vitamin B12; then how did this medicine based on plant based extracts contain Vitamin B12?

The packaging mentioned that this is "bio-fermented" and hence when I searched the internet, I found many articles which told that it is possible to make Vitami B12 by bio-fermentation. 

The packaging mentions that this is India's first bio-fermented Vit B12 medicine. Hats off to Patanjali Ayurved for this innovative product. 

Disclaimer: I have not consumed it myself, but I read many users on Amazon and Flipkart Reviews that they have found it really good. You can make your own decision on trying this product. 

- Rahul

No comments: