Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Gandhi Peace Exam

About three years back, I had read about ‘Gandhi Peace Exam’ in a news article. The article said that the exam was then conducted for inmates in a jail in Mumbai and hundreds had appeared in the same. The exam was taken after giving them induction about life and philosophy of Gandhiji. I searched on net more about this exam and got to know that it is conducted in schools and colleges too. I was immediately interested. I had read Gandhiji's autobiography a long time back and having read it I had grown up as a huge fan of his. Gandhiji's personal integrity and industrious efforts for nation building were unmatched in our history; so was his devotion towards non-violence.

I contacted Bombay Sarvodaya Mandal who conducted this exam. They sent me a copy of the 'Abridge Autobiography' of Mahatma Gandhi and asked me to come to their office to appear for the exam at any time.

Bombay Sarvodaya Mandal / Gandhi Book Centre
299, Tardeo Road, Nana Chowk,
Mumbai - 400 007 India.

Tel: +91 22 23872061 / 23884527
Email: info@mkgandhi.org
Website: www.mkgandhi.org

I couldn't appear for the exam for a long time since I had contacted them first. So last month I quickly finished reading the book and then asked for the exam. They were quick in response and within a week I received a beautiful certificate of appreciation (for the exam) accompanied by a letter. I had got 70 out of 80 marks and had cleared the exam. What a wonderful feeling, of being a 'certified fan' of Mahatma!

Visit the website maintained by Bombay Sarvodaya Mandal www.mkgandhi.org for details about Mahatma Gandhi’s life and philosophy.

- Rahul

No comments: