Friday, September 14, 2018

#Moment: The Kid


While returning from office, as I started on the footover bridge, I noticed that a small kid and its grandfather were just getting to sit down on the top most of the stair-case. It seemed they were going to sit on the topmost stair of the footover bridge and watch people go by and also the vehicles go under the bridge. It might be their favourite past time at this hour. But in that moment I also noticed that the kid was looking at me.

When I reached the top of the staircase and tried to pass by, the kid who appeared to be a baby girl, got up and started looking up at me as if she was expecting me to pull her up in my arms! Perhaps I reminded her of someone she was fond of. Her grandfather also realized what she was trying to do and immediately started telling her “bye bye”. Mechanically the baby raised her arm and started waving “bye bye” to me which I reciprocated by smiling back at her and waving her “bye bye”.

As I went away, I noticed how touched I was by the pure innocence of the kid and how eagerly I wanted to be able to hug the baby... 

- Rahul

No comments: