Thursday, November 5, 2020

Cat Fight

 


The other day, I was hearing the noise of some cats and hence went out to see what was happening. I was startled to see two cats ready for a fight! There was a totally black cat in an aggressive pose standing in front of a white cat who was equally aggressive and standing just in front of the black cat’s nose. Both cats were in similar poses, with only their tails moving while their bodies were stiff. It seemed as if both would start a fight any moment. The totally black cat was slightly bigger in size as compared to the white cat, but neither of them were males, since both were slender in looks and not really big size like the male cats usually are. Both cats were making loud noises perhaps to challenge or threaten each other. I tolerated the scene for some time but then decided to end their prospective fight.

I brought a mug of water and threw it near to the place where they were standing, expecting the cats to run away and hence leave each other to safety. To my horror, as soon as water hit the ground, the cats attacked each other and there was a puff of white fur up in the air, clearly telling that the black cat had won that round! Then I noticed that the black cat had its paw in the face of the white cat and she was not leaving her! With my plan gone horribly wrong, I was perturbed and saddened. All I wanted was to make them leave each other, and here, they fought because of my action! I remembered the numerous movies in which two men would be pointing guns at each other and watching the other person’s move, and any sudden movement or noise would make them shoot! Being a movie buff, how could I forget it that something like this could happen even with cats!

The cats remained in same aggressive pose for quite some time. After a while when I went to check them out, I saw them still aggressively standing in front of each other, but there was no actual fight happening. My heart sank further with guilt. After a while, the white cat tended to sit down after folding her rear legs, while still giving aggressive gaze to the black cat. Now it seemed more than likely that the cats could have continued to give each other a scary gaze without actually fighting, and only because of my childish water throwing feat, they ended up fighting. I felt sorry for the white cat which got her face and fur injury because of my action.

Not to mention that this incident made me sad and I raked with guilt for a long time. This was one Cat Fight I was personally responsible for; and no matter how Micky Mouse would see me, I am not proud of it.

- Rahul Tiwary


No comments: