Monday, January 1, 2024

New Year Resolutions

At the beginning of last year, I had taken a resolution to read more books. I used to be a voracious reader, but with time my book reading habit had come to a halt. Many books in my home collection had remained unread and still wrapped in plastic sheet. A few years ago, I had purposefully stopped buying books in order to catchup with the already purchased lot. Thanks to the conscious effort in 2023, I started reading books. Due to personal engagements and travels, I could not reach the target in my mind, but by the end of the year I had finished reading four books and I was onto the fourth, 'The Curse of Yesterday', a novel. I plan to improve my reading list in the year 2024. 

I had also realized that I had almost stopped one more of my habit, which was visiting temples. I plan to improve it in 2024 too. I also want to catchup with several lost years in terms of nearness with God. 

One big improvement happened in 2023 and it was in writing blog pieces. Even if lot of my blog posts just contained a few pictures in the form of 'Travelogue', I was able to post about 100 posts in the year which is good from my standards. I plan to keep up with the 100 posts target for year 2024 too.  

The year 2023 was filled with unplanned travels and I made use of the opportunity by visiting neighboring places. I do not look forward to visiting more places in 2024, but plan to defer it to later years, if time and opportunity allows. 

Now, hoping to come right on many of the 2024 resolutions by the year end. 

- Rahul 

No comments: