Sunday, February 18, 2024

An Interesting Dream About a Parrot

I have been frequently getting dreams in sleep. Most of the time my dreams used to be contextual. When I was preparing for IIT-JEE, I used to solve maths and physics sums for hours in my dreams. I also often get "aware" of my dreams even while watching my dreams. In childhood, if I woke up due to a dream and after recalling that it was a nice dream I would go back to sleep, most of the time I would be able to "continue" the same dream. After growing up, after being in a dream for some time, at some point of time I get awareness that what is happening is not real but a dream, but I continue on the dream anyway. A few weeks back, I was telling someone a joke during my dream. And I and pondered how I was able to tell that joke when I had not read or heard it anywhere. I had cooked up that joke during the dream and it was really interesting. Many times, my dreams happen like movie scenes, given that I love watching movies a lot. 

Last night, I saw an interesting dream. I had not watching such a dream before. I saw that I was traveling in an airplane with my family. I was sitting on the right side row while they were on the left. I was looking into the sky and clouds outside the window. Suddenly, I saw a big parrot flying parallel alongside the airplane at some distance. There were a couple of other flying objects too, but I did not notice if they were parrots too or not. This was a big size green parrot with a big red beak. In my dream, I was shocked and wondered how could a parrot fly so high alongside an airplane! In a moment, the parrot looked towards its left and noticed the airplane. It immediately rushed towards the airplane, and collided with it. As soon as the parrot touched the airplane, the airplane goes into a whirlwind and starts falling down towards the ground. Everyone was horrified as there was going to be a disaster. The airplane reached the bottom very fast in few moments, but we noticed that it had fell into a waterbody, whether a river or a lake near Hyderabad, and upon hitting the water, it went inside and I wondered if water would rush inside the airplane. But the airplane was "air tight" and water did not enter. The aircraft soon floated to the surface of the waterbody and we realized that we were safe; and at that point my sleep broke.

I know internet and other magazines would tell about "meaning of dreams", which would count as superstition. I tried searching and got to know that seeing parrot in dream may indicate about others gossiping about us, or the parrot trying to tell or warn us about something, or it can indicate that we were recalling our childhood days since parrots are always in the nicer memories of everyone's childhood. I don't know if any of this makes sense for me, but I do know that I had spoken about air travel a couple of days back and hence the air travel part would have come from there. And rest could be a highly dramatized "movie like" version of any fear I would have. I am not sure about the parrot though, since I have not seen a parrot in real life for quite some time. 

Whatever be the meaning, I just thought to record it in this blogpost, for the sake of it. 

- Rahul 


No comments: