Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Appraisal

Today I happened to read some of my two years old conversations with some other fellow bloggers. And I was surprised at what I read and understood.

What one of them tried to make me understand in her writing, was really useful and so true. And my subsequent reply to her also appeared ‘wise’ and interesting. But now I could evaluate myself and see the conversation in a different light. I realised that at that time I had not properly understood what she wanted me to. It had created a bit of misunderstanding in the end. Today, by virtue of having experienced more I can understand better what she had said. This is also true about another conversation. What the person told at that time, still applies to me today but I haven’t thought about it properly.

I think it happens because many times we ‘read’ more and ‘understand’ less. We ‘speak’ more and ‘accept’ less. Now I also realise the virtue of speaking less; something that I realised I completely lacked in those days.

I think reading our own past communications can be liberating in some ways. If we observe properly we would note how we have been growing up with time, whether we are changing with time (which is very important), or whether we have been repeating the same mistakes again and again.

- Rahul

No comments: