Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Memories from Hyderabad

For the past few months, I stayed in Hyderabad. Though I lived in the outskirts, I did see places of worth visiting in the city and got a feel of the city. I found the city very friendly, peaceful and calm. There is no language problem for the Hindi speaking, as most of the locals spoke it too. Food is also not a problem.

love visiting historical places, so for one day I caught the city tour bus to see all such places. And then I visited some of the places separately. Husain Sagar Lake was wonderful, with its boat rides and Buddha’s status in the middle. Birla Mandir (Shri Venkatesh Mandir) made up of white marble on the top of a black hill is simply amazing. There is something special in it – one can only feel calmer and peaceful in its surrounding. From atom the veranda of the temple, one can see a major part of Hyderabad and Secunderabad – and it is a wonderful experience to spend time there. As a disappointment, I found Charminar an average structure – it is nothing when compared to India Gate or Gateway of India. But it is very picture-perfect as we see it on the posters. Saw Nizam’s museum, which is again not worth the hype. But the Salarganj Museum is amazing – I have not seen a grander museum than this. Perhaps no one can finish seeing whole of it. Then I simply loved the Golkunda Fort. I wished to go there again, as it takes quite some time to roam around and see it properly. We visited the Zoo also; there is a toy train which takes people around. And then there is another place of delight, called Sudhakar’s Car Museum. It is a museum of wonderful designer cars – some of the vehicles have won the designer entries in the famous Book of World Records.

Due to this stay, locations like the Hussain sagar Lake, Neckless Road, Paradise restaurant, Mehandipatanam, Lingampally, Gachibowli, Miyapur’s Talkie Town, Indira Nagar, ISB, Shamshabad (I found the International Airport as the best one in India), and Cyber City were added into my memory. I would love to visit the Golkunda Fort again for a whole day and Birla Mandir again and again whenever I visit Hyderabad.

- Rahul

No comments: