Sunday, April 21, 2013

Mohit Raina - from Devon ke Dev Mahadev



Mohit Raina, 31, a Kashmiri, plays Shiva’s character in the popular TV Show Devon Ke Dev Mahadev! He is a devotee of Lord Shiva and has to say this, “The fact that my father was a Shiv devotee helped me to get into character. We are Kashmiri Pundits. When we were in Kashmir my father would take me to the Amarnath temple. People will remember me as Mahadev for as long as possible. I am giving my life to the show".








Mohit was born and brought up in Jammu, and he did his schooling from Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu. After graduating in commerce he wanted to become a chartered accountant. Then he came to Mumbai to pursue career in acting. He took part in Grasim Mr. India 2006 and finished in top-5!

Mohit is a self-confessed Mama's Boy! He lives with his mother and says he has no time for dating. He says, "All I do is shoot and go to the gym." When asked why he manages to get into and come out of Shiva’s character in the TV show, he says, "Initially I didn't know how to switch on and off. In due course, I've discovered a 15-minute meditation and breathing exercise that I do every day after shooting.”

Wonderful to know about this young confident actor who does not only looks amazing on TV but also inspires people off the screen!

- Rahul

Note: Views are personal and do not represent views of any organization associated with the author. [Detailed disclaimer]
 

No comments: