Thursday, May 2, 2013

Subscribed to Vivek Jyoti

Our grandpa used to subscribe to Hindi magazine ‘Vivek Jyoti’ every month, which is published by Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Ashram, Raipur. Another professor, his colleague from college used to come to his house to deliver the magazine, as an act of service to society. Even after grandpa, we kept it subscribed. I had a dream to subscribe to the magazine on my own but since I was moving places it was not possible for me. Now I have subscribed it at my home and its first two issues have come. Reading it now and it is a wonderful feeling... I think a big advantage of growing up is that we can still cherish nicest childhood memories and yet have the freedom to be like we want!

The magazine has many regular columns - some explaining verses from scriptures; one is from the pen of Swami Vivekananda (portions of his writing on one topic at a time); on Memories of Ramakrishna where people share how they met Ramakrishna; one amazing column on Memories of Ma Sarada (Ma ko jaisa maine dekha) where people share their memories of Ma Sarada; then one column where a poem is published worshiping India as motherland (apni bharat mata), one column on Adi Shankara's writing (Vivek Chudamani), and many articles written by learned people and Matt members... It has around 50 pages only and is simple in understanding...

For subscription, send a multi-city Cheque or DD of only Rs 60 for a year in the name of 'Ramakrishna Mission', payable at Raipur, Chhattisgarh. Address: Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Ashram, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, 492001.

Or simplest method is to send me your postal address by message. For some year I have been gifting annual subscription to friends who want to have it... Last month I only sent it for myself and some others and would be happy to gift to anyone interested...

No comments: