Monday, May 27, 2013

IT Returns through Govt website



For last 2 years I was filing income tax returns using Skorydov (myitreturn.com) and it would cost me Rs 199. I know that free filing through govt’s website was available. This time I used https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ for filing IT returns and found it very simple and free :) Even my last 2 years’ e-filing details were saved inside this portal. Highly recommended to you all (if you are not using already)!

Tips: Select the assessment year as 2013-14 if you are filing returns for financial year 2012-13 for the first time; using ITR-1 forum under Original filing category. Also select “Filed under section 139(1)” i.e. before due date. Take a print of ITR-V which we get after e-filing on website, and send to IT dept Bengaluru by normal or SpeedPost.

No comments: