Saturday, December 12, 2015

Dear Brother's Wedding!

In the beginning of my childhood we lived as a joint family and hence bonding between members was too strong. We cousins, brothers and sisters grew up together. There is one special cousin about whom I want to write today.

I was one year older than him but we were always good 'friends' rather than elder brother and younger brother. Even our pet-names 'rhymed' together. People often took our names in one breath. We were so much together than once in childhood when I dreamed and saw myself as 'Prince Rama', I naturally saw him as 'Lakshmana' in my dream. Our natures complemented each other. I was shy and reserved while he was outgoing and bold. Therefore I cherish so many memories which may sound childish to you but are so special to me. I recollect two of these below.

Once in childhood I had been to a relative's place for the first time where he had been before. We were playing and I felt the need to pee. Being a shy boy I tried to control the urge until possible. But in the end it felt uncontrollable. I could not find courage to tell any other boy and ask where the toilet was. So I asked him and you know what he did? He quit the game then and there, and took me to a long way to the toilet. This may sound a small incident to you but I knew it mattered a lot to me. I still have very clear picture of walking with him in my mind. In the house celebrating a marriage, once he took me to a secret room where sweets were stored and we had big-big rosogullas! I can never forget it.

He was a very naughty child and always so bold, unlike me. One scene is frozen in my mind. Till UKG, I used to go to a school near to our home. One afternoon as the school ended, I saw him having arrived at my school riding our small kid's tricycle! The tricycle had a rider's seat and a pillion seat and he had brought the small tricycle so as to bring me back from school! I could never have dreamed to be able to do something so cute. Having done this, my dear brother was my 'hero'! I still have very clear picture of this special day.

Today, my this younger brother is going to get married! I wish you all the very best! You have been special to me, and you are still so very dear and wonderful like you were in childhood. My best wishes and love! May your new phase of life be filled with happiness and great joy always!


- Rahul