Monday, September 18, 2023

"Aapki Beti Ke Lie"

One of my nieces who is really small, is of the age when kids amaze us with saying interesting things. Recently, she was carrying several toffees and I asked her if I could take one and she allowed me to have one. While I started enjoying the small Parle toffee, she came to me and gave me one more toffee saying, "Aap ek toffee apni beti ke lie le lijiye (please take one for your daughter)". I was really surprised and asked her what she meant; and she repeated the same. I was slightly embarrassed but could not refuse too and hence I took one more toffee and kept it in my pocket. Then she again said, "aapki ek beti hai ya do?" (Have you got one daughter or two?) Once again shocked at what was happening, I said "ek" (one). Then she was satisfied and went away. It seemed she was going to offer me one more toffee had I got two daughters. 

I think she did not know if I got a daughter or not and offered me the toffee just based on a hunch feeling or because of some previous experience with someone else. It is not the only time she has been a genius. 


No comments: