Thursday, August 24, 2023

Road Rage

I was passing through a village road and as soon as I crossed a chowk and took a turn, a small goat from a group of goats which were wandering around, decided to stand still in the middle of the road. I honked my bike and gradually slowed it till I crossed the little goat safely. As soon as I overtook the baby goat, I saw a small kid of about five standing on the left side of the road who had pointed a finger at me in order to grab my attention and then he shouted, "tohra dekh ke na chalal jhaechhai?" meaning, "can't you see?" I realized that he was scolding me for reckless driving. But where was I reckless? Perhaps the goat belonged to the kid and since I rode too close past the goat, he got worried and hence showed "road rage" against me. I was perplexed for a few moments because this was first time I witnessed a five-year-old kid in such a road rage situation. 

- Rahul 


No comments: