Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chetan Bhagat’s Revolution 2020 and Raanjhanaa



Is Raanjhanaa a movie inspired by Chetan Bhagat's 'Revolution 2020' with some changes? Finished reading the book one year after I bought it. (I think it is insult to a writer if you buy but dont read). I skipped pages because I did not really enjoy whole of it. Initial portion when characters are young is good while later parts are all politics and like pen-pushing. I liked this from page-16: Boy had stolen and eaten a chocolate cake from tiffin-box of a girl. The girl became furious and cried her heart out. So later, he takes a box of laddoos and brings to her but she refuses! Loved it when the boy says, "Why? You firang or what?" :) She says, "No, laddoos make you fat. I don't want to be fat." Boy hits back: "Chocolate cake doesn't make you fat? :) Later on much of his intelligence and humor is lost because he becomes love-sick. Same old story but with a love triangle. I wish they made the movie better than the book.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ranjhana is good movie to watch,specially second half. I dnt think much inspired by chetan bhagat revolution 20:20

Anonymous said...

I finished book long time back, skipping pages regularly, becoz could not find anything new there. movie i hadn,t seen, may b i wont after reading your post

Anonymous said...

It 's not at all inspired by book rev 20-20... it's different story... movie is very different frm what u presume from promos...