Monday, February 2, 2015

Movie: Hanste Khelte Featuring Rahul Roy

Happened to watch an old Hindi film ‘Hanste Khelte’ (1994) on TV where actor Rahul Roy played the lead along with Nandini Singh. I don’t remember watching any Rahul Roy movie in the past – perhaps at the time he was at his peak, I was too young (and studious). After watching this movie I realized what I had missed.

I wonder why I liked ‘Hanste Khelte’ where Rahul plays a Casanova like character who is ‘cured’ by his infatuation towards a sanskari girl Nandini. It is not that I have ever dreamt to be like his character; and though I liked Nandini’s character very much, she was not the reason why I liked the movie. I think I loved the movie because I loved the human side of Rahul Chopra – the character Rahul Roy was playing in it. His flirtings Vs his true emotions; his boldness vs his vulnerabilities; the movie had a soul in it. I also loved the manner in which good Vs evil debate was presented in it through internal conflicts in Rahul’s heart (though the Divine men Vs Shaitan aspects and dialogues were too irritating and boring and the movie could have been cleaned up from the boring comedy overdone throughout). One particular scene clean bowled me:

Rahul’s and Nandini’s phones had a cross-connection and they happened to talk anonymously some times. On one particular occasion, Rahul attempts to flirt with Nandini, who at one time tells him that she was “alone and happy” (akeli aur khush). The manner in which Rahul destroys her castle of imaginary ideas, ridiculing her “akeli aur khush” status – it was superb and so truthful! I just loved it and it is heartwarming to even think about the episode…

I don’t know why Rahul is not working in film industry. I read Wikipedia article in his name, and it indicates that after a few of his films flopped, producers called off his upcoming flicks in hoards. What a disappointment for fans of such a promising actor… We just look into his eyes and it seems those are gateways to a beautiful peaceful garden laden with flowers…

Thanks ‘Haste Khelte’ makers and Rahul, Nandini, for giving me a heartwarming and breathtaking experience… Wish you all a very happy life. This is what sums up my sentiments.  


- Rahul

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice post
I appreciate this

Safety Is Number One Priority Buy Safety Products Online shop | Hodexo

Hodexo Digita India's
Digita India's Shooping Login It's Free And Alwyas
Digita India's Industrial
Safety Equipments