Friday, May 10, 2019

Internet: Easy Cancellations by Flipkart

I have been a Flipkart fan since long time. Till the company was an Indian startup I used to admire it a lot. 

After Flipkart's acquisition I started shopping on Snapdeal more; since Snapdeal is another Indian unicorn and an example of a great Indian startup. 

I shopped on Flipkart after a while recently. I ordered two mobile covers. The first one I received was good and hence I thought it would be a good idea to cancel the second one. The order was already shipped. I checked the options on the Flipkart website and could easily read the policy that I could cancel the order even after it was shipped; with the condition that order should not have been delivered. 


I could cancel the order easily with a couple of clicks and Flipkart confirmed that the amount would be refunded to me within 6 business days. I am happy about it. 

At the same time, I noticed that while I had ordered two mobile covers yesterday; one cover was delivered today; i.e. within one day! That was fast! And its fast delivery ensured that I did not cancel the order. Suppose second cover was delivered to me earlier and it was nice, I could have cancelled the first cover. 

Anyways, Flipkart seems to be doing well even after its acquisition.

- Rahul Tiwary

No comments: