I am not alone who has often thought about futility of life and struggled to see proof that God sent us here with a purpose. I have read similar thoughts from many others, and I think this is all part of our growing up psychology. But at the same time, we can't deny merit in the pertinent question.
After many years passed, now I have even gone one step ahead and started wondering about futility of death. At this moment, I have not read this from anyone else, so I think this is a novel idea that occurred to me.
What I am thinking is that as people or society, we have given too much importance to the idea of death. It is hyped, glamourised, demonised, all depending on the place, context or the demands of the time. In reality, death is nothing in itself.
I think death is just a writing on the wall and while we can see the wall, we can't see what is beyond it, which makes us curious and make us assume things about it. In reality, we do not know anything about the other side of the wall and as I read somewhere that the Vedas tell that we as humans cannot even understand it fully.
I am not even sure if giving so much importance to this matter of death is worth it. Most likely, it is totally not worth it. One fine day, I shall vanish into thin air, and what is good or bad about it? From futility of life to futility of death, the thought process has come full circle. And I am not sure whether to be happy or sad about it, since if we do not have some existential things to worry about; what are we going to worry about?
- Rahul
No comments:
Post a Comment