I have never had an iPhone. I have used Android based phones whole life, e.g. Samsung/Nokia brands which are made in India. I have liked every phone I had, but then it is more about me than the phones, since by nature I find reasons to like most of the things or places or people I come across. And I have made it a point that I have never bought a Chinese brand phone despite knowing that they offered better features at lesser price.
I have been aware that iPhones are built better, since a few times I have seen it with colleagues. And I have also wished to buy one for a time period and seriously considered buying one for several months. The high prices of these phones always bothered me, though my juniors in office earning 1/3 of my salary had iPhones. Buying an exorbitantly priced iPhone felt like buying a sinful product.
After a while, the iPhone makers made my task so much easier by hiking its price to even more exorbitantly. Thereafter, I have never wished or planned to buy an iPhone and probably never will.
I think no one should buy an exorbitantly priced product just because it is used as "status symbol". Chasing status is a losing game and only the billionaires running these companies win if we do so. There is no reason we should buy something which is priced 100 times its intrinsic value. Every finance class will teach you the same lesson.
People who buy iPhones may be doing it for any reason, but none of those reasons can be qualified as a wise one. Unless you are in such a profession where you need to be on iPhone in order to access a system which is accessible only on iPhones, you need not justify wasting money over it. The same is also true for few exorbitantly priced phones and other gadgets from other companies.
Always try to be 'money wise'.
- Rahul
No comments:
Post a Comment