Saturday, July 6, 2013

I want Them to Move Fast!

I was hurried on my way to office and I did not like it when people moved sideways in the traffic; if they changed lanes or stopped. I wanted all of them to keep going straight at the fastest speed! The reason why they moved sideways, changed lanes or stopped was that all were not going where I was going! Also, not everyone was rushed and hence they need not be that fast! This is the realization: often we judge others based on our own frame of reference. Everyone has one’s own path and journey and a speed best suited for one; it need not match our’s. But we judging from our own frame of reference; call them good or bad, fast or slow… This causes stress and unhappiness. If we learn to understand and accept, we shall be at peace with things around us…

At times we don't understand a problem but try to bring a change. Most of the time there are genuine reasons why people behave in a particular manner. At times we can help change the situation and at times we don't. When we can't change the situation, we can either make noise ourselves or else we can accept the situation and move on. I was thinking on these lines. I wanted people to behave in a manner (move fast on road) and I was stressed finding them not behaving in that manner without knowing the fair reason for their behavior (they had to change lanes, go diff routes/lanes) and when I knew the reason I became calm and continued ride without stress...

For example, if someone shouted at me, I could either shout back and create a mess, or else I can say "s/he may have some personal reasons to shout; I would leave him/her at that" and I move on/away. This saves me from lot of stress... I am sure all of us would have behaved in such sensible manner in the past; we just have to remain conscious to behave in this manner the next time we are stressed with something.

No comments: