Sunday, October 12, 2014

I, Ram

In early childhood we did not have TV at home. But perhaps the Gita Press' pictorial Ramayana (Baal Chitr Ramayan) given by grandpa was enough to inspire real imaginations. So I used to see long dreams where I was Ram, my younger cousin was Lakshman; and we fought battles with the demons...

Very conveniently I dreamed about the phase when young Ram and Lakshman were with Guru Vishwamitra and killed demons; so that there won't be need for Sita at that stage :) 

We killed many demons; only problem was that hands did not move swiftly and we fought like in slow motion... 

When we came back home victorious, our mothers Kaushalya, Sumitra (with faces of our real-life mothers) and others will greet us... Our actual home was our palace in the dream... 

What fun! Thank God, Ram Lakshman were victorious princes so we always won!


No comments: