Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mann

Till 12th I was at hometown with parents and then I started moving out for studies. Every vacation when I went home and grandma saw me, she called me and asked to sit beside her, and then she would ask something like, "mann lag raha hai wahan?" (hope you feel okay there). At that question I used to take deep breath and say "yes" - but I did not think that was really a question since I was away for studies and mann lagna or not lagna really didn't matter... I remember she used to feel deep sympathy for the reason that we had to travel and stay in distant cities... Now having grown up a bit, I wonder where do we find such kindness and genuine sympathies... Now a day no one asks if mann is okay or not... There are automated "how are you" greetings and robotic "I am good" answers. I discover how wise GB Shaw said "Youth is wasted on the young." If only we were able to touch, feel and respond to all the love and kindness showered unconditionally at us when we were young...


No comments: