Thursday, December 28, 2006

#Personal: A cute little story

Concept of relative motion says, those resting on earth are not actually in rest. Sometimes we are stuck in awe in strange places in odd times. Take a short trip to believe that.

Last evening, I was passing through a narrow lane. It had just stopped raining and the road looked liked the planet earth (potpourri of water and land). To avoid it, I started walking over the step of an under construction shop. A puppy (not a Hutch pup) was trying hard to get over the step. But he was unable to do so as its body length was too short to climb up the step. When I looked up to find what he was up to, I noticed two of its siblings sleeping on the floor. So our little Tommy wanted to get its share of the world. Another case of separated siblings… ((I thought if I left it there, perhaps some goon will take it with him and after 20 years it will grow into a thug, while one of its siblings will become a police inspector and the other (sis) will get married to a rich gentle(business)man. Then they will fight on the street, with droves of dogs watching them. In true Bollywood style. I laughed at my imagination))

Then I pulled it up with both my hands and left it on the floor, near to its friends. As I walked on, the little puppy joined its siblings and went asleep. I can still feel the tickle on my hands, as I touched the newly born pup. It took me one minute to help the pup, but I feel good even now.

Life is made up of these small tidbits. It is up to you to enjoy these small occasions or to ignore them and complain that life is dull and restless. So be in the present and enjoy each and every bit of it.

- Rahul

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad Angel
June 9, 2007 at 3:20 pm ·
Loved the pic! :) “Life is made up of these small tidbits.”—-> Totally agree and my fav quote happens to be, “Life is not about milestones, it is about moments! “

CM Verma
March 26, 2007 at 6:04 pm ·
You write very well esp. i found you have a good taste of India.

PP
March 26, 2007 at 6:04 pm ·
Very nice to read this cute story.
Rahul, you are a kind hearted person with full of good thoughts.
I fully agree with you what you mentioned in the last para.

Madhu
March 26, 2007 at 5:56 pm ·
That was really a good story..indeed.

SJ
March 26, 2007 at 5:56 pm ·
Great indeed to get the humorous and full of wisdom stories from a silent revolutionary.
By the time, you start knowing some one, he is already gone to the deserving height.
keep on doing the quiet communication, it gives us fresh air, which surrounds but is nit inhaled by us.
Milan
March 26, 2007 at 5:55 pm ·
Dear Rahul,
Very nice and inspiring story.
This act of yours shows how kind you are and how much you care about others. Dont let this spirit die as in this world ( Kalyug ) only few people have it.
Also, you have good writting skill , which may give you a good direction. Don”t let down your skill even when you are overloaded in your office work. This is my very personal advice to you.

No comments: