Saturday, February 19, 2011

Is India really so Diverse?

It is true that our India is very diverse. It has diverse people, diverse cultures, and diverse places. But at times we tend to take such diversity too far and too seriously. I realised it very recently.

It was raining in Delhi. There had been a snowfall in Kashmir a few days back. Two days afterwards, weather changed in our hometown in the East, there was a cold wave. Back West in Pune, I saw clouds in the sky and also felt cold wind blowing through. When I told mother about change in weather at my place, she said, “How big India is, but see how each part is getting affected by the same change.”

So true… I think we should not get so lost in appreciating diversity that we forget to notice the unity and oneness of India!

- Rahul

No comments: