Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Article Published: “Role of Software Tools in Supply Chain Optimization”

My Article titled “Role of Software Tools in Supply Chain Optimization” has been published today on MBASkool.com. You can read it here:
.
Role of Software Tools in Supply Chain Optimization
By: Kumar Rahul

http://www.mbaskool.com/business-articles/operations/192-role-of-software-tools-in-supply-chain-optimization.html

Here is a small URL for the same: http://lnkd.in/FZ5tkZ

The article builds on my experiences during working on supply chain optimization software packages and in my interactions with many 3PLs (third party logistics services providers) in India. While interacting with many 3PLs and also their clients, I noticed a level of discomfort in using the latest software tools for supply chain design and optimization. They wanted to do the same thing using Excel. And I knew for sure that it was not possible to achieve the same result without using the advance tools enabling them. I have attempted to summarize my thoughts in this article.

Do read and if possible comment/discuss, like, or recommend.

- Rahul
.

No comments: